There are many reasons why you may be seeking psychotherapy. You may need to address ambivalent feelings or strong, opposing forces related to something important in your life. You may be dealing with a life stressor that seems to require more out of you than you feel you have to give right now. Maybe life doesn’t feel as meaningful and rewarding as it once did and you’ve noticed difficulties with getting things done, or getting to sleep at night. Just deciding to enter therapy can also be fraught with mixed feelings. Research shows that even those suffering from anxiety or depression delay or don’t seek treatment, and may have some fears about the process of therapy. It is actually common to feel some uncertainty when deciding whether to begin therapy and which therapist to see.
Fortunately, we also know from research that psychotherapy can be effective for addressing numerous psychological problems, improving relationships, and enhancing one’s quality of life. Therapy can help you deal with the opposing influences in your life and arrive at a meaningful, satisfying resolution.
Therapy with Dr. Taitano:
… Is centered on YOU
- I follow your lead and help you explore your own perceptions, feelings, needs and values
- Your unique, innate strengths and abilities are honored
- Your expertise is respected; you are the expert on you
- I work collaboratively with you and seek your informed permission for everything we do together
- Your cultural background and values are honored
- If preferred, your individual spiritual/religious beliefs are integrated with therapy
… Employs evidence-based approaches
- Using scientifically-supported methods
- Using best practices and latest findings in the field of psychology